• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handscent or Go Sms??

Is handcent slow?? I often have realtime IM-ish conversations on handcent and I have not noticed any sort of lag.

The only time there is any delay in receiving texts is when someone sends me one when I'm in the NYC subway. Then I might not get it until 15 or 20 minutes after I reach the surface.

Handcent is not slow for receiving text, but it does take an awfully long time to load sometimes. If Handcent can fix this I think it's perfect.

I recently installed Go and love it, but it seems to have a few bugs, if I pick a contact that I'm having a conversation with it sometimes selects the wrong person and the LED will not flash when my phone is charging :mad: ( i typically keep my phone on silent, I prefer to just look over and see the little green LED light then be annoyed by constant notification sounds)

Upvote 0
Handcent is not slow for receiving text, but it does take an awfully long time to load sometimes. If Handcent can fix this I think it's perfect.

I recently installed Go and love it, but it seems to have a few bugs, if I pick a contact that I'm having a conversation with it sometimes selects the wrong person and the LED will not flash when my phone is charging :mad: ( i typically keep my phone on silent, I prefer to just look over and see the little green LED light then be annoyed by constant notification sounds)

I use Handcent and have not noticed any lag. I have had lengthy text conversations, of over 10 min., during peak hours. The only thing that I have had problems with, is certain people not receiving text, even though on my end, it says it was sent. (I'm thinking network issue.)

Upvote 0
Tried various and all the popular SMS clients but finalized with GO. Like the others it has advantages when using the GO launcher. I really like the way it can be customized for appearance. I find the interface super clean and straightforward and wish they would make an email client app that is as straightforward as that on a BlackBerry.

A few issues. The odd SMS text doesn't come through (maybe 1 in a thousand), although the phone number is integrated to Google Voice and it isn't getting it either so it is probably a cloud/gateway thing in my estimation and not GO.

The timing of messages received. The sequence of the conversation is sometimes jumbled. I think this could be easily fixed if they were more aware of it.

Biggest peeve is no simple way to store a pic sent through text unless I am missing something, then my peeve is that it isn't clear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones