1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hang up calls when caller hangs up!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mawallace, Oct 5, 2013.

1. mawallace

mawallace Newbie

If I make an outgoing call from my mobile to a caller, when the caller ends the call, my phone stays connected to the call.

I am sure my mobile automatically dropped the call when they put the phone down!

Is there a way to change this behaviour?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

I've never thought about that one. Back in the old days that was the standard behavior of a "land-line" phone. You could prank someone by calling their phone from a specific type of "land-line" phone they had back then called a "pay phone." Those were devices that you could put a coin in and make a call. Anyway, to prank someone you would call their house (phones were connected from houses back then) from a pay phone, drop the receiver, and the person you called wouldn't be able to use their phone until after someone noticed the pay phone and hung it up.

With early cell phones having limited minutes I would have assumed they would act differently, but I've never noticed.

3. marine one

marine one Well-Known Member

I actually remember doing that. Back when I still had hair......

4. joesixpack

joesixpack Android Enthusiast

If the other caller hangs up, your phone will eventually "time out" and go back to the dial pad. There should be no reason to end the call on your phone.

At least that's how mine works...

5. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert

I don't know what determines it, but no matter what mobile I had, talking with some people just wouldn't hang up immediately or within at least 5 seconds. I think part of it depends on businesses with multiple lines. When I call to place food orders at various business that I know have them, I usually have to hang up on my own or my phone will sit there with dead air for a while.

6. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

OMG. If only I had known doing that would cause baldness!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews