• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hang up calls when caller hangs up!

I've never thought about that one. Back in the old days that was the standard behavior of a "land-line" phone. You could prank someone by calling their phone from a specific type of "land-line" phone they had back then called a "pay phone." Those were devices that you could put a coin in and make a call. Anyway, to prank someone you would call their house (phones were connected from houses back then) from a pay phone, drop the receiver, and the person you called wouldn't be able to use their phone until after someone noticed the pay phone and hung it up.

With early cell phones having limited minutes I would have assumed they would act differently, but I've never noticed.

Upvote 0
I've never thought about that one. Back in the old days that was the standard behavior of a "land-line" phone. You could prank someone by calling their phone from a specific type of "land-line" phone they had back then called a "pay phone." Those were devices that you could put a coin in and make a call. Anyway, to prank someone you would call their house (phones were connected from houses back then) from a pay phone, drop the receiver, and the person you called wouldn't be able to use their phone until after someone noticed the pay phone and hung it up.

With early cell phones having limited minutes I would have assumed they would act differently, but I've never noticed.

I actually remember doing that. Back when I still had hair......

Upvote 0
I don't know what determines it, but no matter what mobile I had, talking with some people just wouldn't hang up immediately or within at least 5 seconds. I think part of it depends on businesses with multiple lines. When I call to place food orders at various business that I know have them, I usually have to hang up on my own or my phone will sit there with dead air for a while.

Upvote 0

I actually remember doing that. Back when I still had hair......

OMG. If only I had known doing that would cause baldness!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones