• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root hard root

what does it mean to be hard rooted and how do you know if you are?:thinking:

Soft Root: gives you root access from the shell and phone applications.

Hard Root: gives you root access from the ADB and the shell.

Easiest way to tell is to open Android Commander and see if it says rooted.

If you have a custom ROM installed then you are most likely hard rooted.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. well I'm running no.2 with the speed unleashed kernel. i hook up to my computer in internet connection both in debugging and not debugging mide. i can't get android commander to see my phone. refresh doesn't help. I'm trying to pull rom toolbox from black plague and put it in no. 2 cause i like how it works. also tried several ways using 7zip. i vant seem to make it work. ideas please?

Upvote 0
Hmmm. well I'm running no.2 with the speed unleashed kernel. i hook up to my computer in internet connection both in debugging and not debugging mide. i can't get android commander to see my phone. refresh doesn't help. I'm trying to pull rom toolbox from black plague and put it in no. 2 cause i like how it works. also tried several ways using 7zip. i vant seem to make it work. ideas please?

Why not just download rom toolbox off the Google play?

Sent from my typewriter.

Reactions: jimbojimshorts
Upvote 0

If its not even seeing the phone it sounds like your firewall is blocking adb. ADB has to be made an exception in the firewall in order for it to connect.

Reactions: jimbojimshorts
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones