• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Has anyone else here ordered their case?

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    I got my case! It's a beautiful thing, too!

I used the Darling Bride's Galaxy S8+ as a reference, to provide a sense of scale. The Note 8 will be about 2mm taller and 2mm wider than the S8+... because the top and bottom bezels have been shrunk so much, though, Samsung was able to squeeze a much bigger screen into almost the same size phone.

That said, the Note 8 is significantly larger than the Note 5: in fact, this case will not fit into my belt holster, which was actually designed for the Galaxy Mega! The Note 8 is about the same width as the Note 5, but about 1/3' (8.5mm) taller. So I'll need a new holster as soon as I find one.

But I don't know if anyone out there is looking forward to the Unpacked event tomorrow morning as much as I am... if you are, just please give me a tiny head start when pre-orders open!

:D

Attachments

• 20170822_114357.jpg
      20170822_114357.jpg
      581.4 KB · Views: 430
    • 20170822_114422.jpg
      20170822_114422.jpg
      415.3 KB · Views: 382
    Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Chaps,

This is my first samsung.

Any love for the samsung official cases? I like the ones on the Samsung accessories page...

OOOOOH I didn't see that Alcantara cover! That's nice! I would just be a bit concerned about drop protection, but apparently the corners are reinforced. Fifty bucks, though... WOW. I've never had anything against the Samsung accessories page EXCEPT for the prices.

EDIT:

Quit costing me money, Samsung! I had to pounce on that Alcantara case. Nothing smacks of luxury like Alcantara lovingly wrapped around a Note 8...

:D

Last edited:
    Reactions: marctronixx
    Upvote 0
    Maybe I'm just anxious for the phone... but yes, I've ordered my silicone case!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073J6542L/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has already shipped, which means that it'll get here weeks before the phone does. Maybe I'll just walk around with the empty case in my hand, wishfully imagining a Note 8 in it... I know, I need professional help

:goofydroid:
    i want order, but with isues looming over seas getting stupid with north korea, im hoping the samsung plant dont shut down, and no units coming. watch news. i will order case few days before shipping curious to see size of cases compared to s8 plus cases.

Upvote 0
    I had the Samsung Protective case on my Note 4 for over 2 and a half years, had a few drops in that time and I can't see any marks on the case, never mind the phone!
    So I'm going with the Note 8 protective case from Samsung, price is a bit steep right now though and not yet released so I won't be able to take it out with me and turn it upside down on a cafe table pretending I have the phone in it (wink wink)

Upvote 0
    I had the Samsung Protective case on my Note 4 for over 2 and a half years, had a few drops in that time and I can't see any marks on the case, never mind the phone!
    So I'm going with the Note 8 protective case from Samsung, price is a bit steep right now though and not yet released so I won't be able to take it out with me and turn it upside down on a cafe table pretending I have the phone in it (wink wink)
    Protective Standing Cover IS THAT THE CASE

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073J6542L/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has already shipped, which means that it'll get here weeks before the phone does. Maybe I'll just walk around with the empty case in my hand, wishfully imagining a Note 8 in it... I know, I need professional help

I LOOKED AT IT, DOES IT ADD SOME BULK TO DEVICE, AND A SLIM FIT. SILICONE HAS THE BEST GRIP

Last edited by a moderator:
    Upvote 0
    Coming from a galaxy note 4, i was used to having the UAG composite case for it. great heavy duty case, so i figured i would stay with UAG this go around. however they haven't made a similar case just yet, and their heavy duty case is going for $60 bucks... i might try purchasing their plasma series case. however there is no release date for the citron color... not sure how much more i can wait lol

Upvote 0

Will the Note 8 be the same size or different from the Note 7? Still have cases for the 7

Upvote 0
    I've been a fan of the Seidio Dilex cases with my last 2 phone models and will likely go with it again for the N8. Love the kickstand though the funky corners on the N8 model look...well...funky but if it protects my almost $1K pocket computer than I can live with it. Can't order it yet as their website still says "Coming Soon". Looks like they will have their holsters discounted for the Dilex & Surface cases.

https://www.seidioonline.com/product/samsung-note-8-dilex/

https://www.seidioonline.com/product/samsung-galaxy-note-8-surface/

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones