• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone had success with a 64GB Micro SD?

I only got a 16 gig sd card runninga script that allowsapps2sd manually but... What do you need a huge size for?

Just wondering if it was possible. I'm always running out of HD space whether it's on my PC or any of the numerous MP3 players I have.

I probably have about 16GB of MP3's, throw in some HD vids to watch while traveling and that 32GB SD card fills up quickly.

Upvote 0
I know the specs for the LG Motion state 32GB Max, but I've read some stories of people running 64GB Micro SD cards on LG Motion phones and/or on ICS

If possible, does one have to Root their phone or have they succeeded with an unrooted phone?

Its all about the memory controller hardware. My HTC is rated to 32 GB, and I'm using a 64.

Sorry, don't know if your Motion will support it, but if it does, I doubt that root will be required.

Upvote 0
Well my LG Motion hit water like 3 minutes after my post. Now it is fully dead and I put it in rice and all it did was crack the internal screen. Great...

My epic phone , Your gone D:

Now its one of two options... Keep no phone until March or use a Samsung Galaxy Prevail.... Jesus that phone is horrible.

I went to walmart and got a 64gb MicroSD card at 8am and then I put it in the
-Samsung Galaxy Prevail
-Samsung Epic 4G Slide (Not the S2 , One that has a slide keyboard and bad specs)

and they both worked with it finely. None of them were rooted as I only have a Ubuntu laptop and "Wine" wont let me run the specific .exe's to root 'em.

Reactions: Sepero
Upvote 0
Well my LG Motion hit water like 3 minutes after my post. Now it is fully dead and I put it in rice and all it did was crack the internal screen. Great...

My epic phone , Your gone D:

Now its one of two options... Keep no phone until March or use a Samsung Galaxy Prevail.... Jesus that phone is horrible.

I went to walmart and got a 64gb MicroSD card at 8am and then I put it in the
-Samsung Galaxy Prevail
-Samsung Epic 4G Slide (Not the S2 , One that has a slide keyboard and bad specs)

and they both worked with it finely. None of them were rooted as I only have a Ubuntu laptop and "Wine" wont let me run the specific .exe's to root 'em.

Sorry to hear about your Motion biting the dust.

Suffer with the Sammy until March and maybe by then, this LG phone will be available thru Metro:

http://androidforums.com/metro-pcs/650084-lg-spirit-4g-ms870-expozed.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones