• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have a general tablet question

Kahroo

Android Expert
Jun 13, 2012
NJ
So I have a question about Android tablets and profiles. I know that the N7 and the new Samsung Tablets have profile support, but do all tablets have that now?

And if I have a profile with my Google account, and my roommate makes a profile with her account will I still have her contacts and stuff sync to my phone or nope?

On the Google part you have to select your name of profile. It would only show on the device you log on for example I have a tablet and a phone they both logged on all the time . when I am home my girl and the kids uses the tablet all I do is hit my email name and view my info . on the phone all I see is my info nothing on the other account .

Upvote 0
The multi-user support is a feature of the Android OS (4.2+). I'm not going to say that every tablet running a recent version of Android (particularly the inexpensive off-brand ones) will include that support, but they all should.

The tablet will sync the data for any accounts/profiles that exist on it, but will only display (and allow access to) the data of whichever user is currently logged in. Set up some manner of lockscreen PIN/password/pattern on your profile and you won't have to worry about another user of the tablet accessing your stuff.

That help? :)

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones