• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have you ever looked at a random girl at the mall and just thought...

But I'm one of the younger kids in my grade, as people are now turning 22 and I just turned 21 not a month ago. I still got time. Or that's what I keep telling myself.

Still, I can tell you one thing: setting yourself up for three years to graduate around the 3.5 margin or above, whether you plan on working after you graduate or applying to graduate school, it's the best feeling in the world. It's better than any high, buzz, rush you'll ever get. I'd kill for that feeling right now.

/rant

I always get on the soap box when it comes to issues like this. :(

You DEFINITELY have time. There are much older people that are just entering medical school and they're in their 30s and 40s. My anatomy teacher back in high school didn't go to UCSD (U of Cali - San Diego) for medical school until she was around 47. It wasn't because she wasn't smart enough or just didn't care before. She just had different circumstances, like having a child at 22. That definitely changed her plans.

My current GPA is 3.73 in Environmental Management. I am definitely neither graduating in 3 nor 4 years. It's going to take me about 6 1/2 years total because I'm not just doing that major, but also French and Italian majors. I MUST study abroad for at least 1 year in both countries to really make the most out of my degrees. After that, I'm spending another 2 years in South Korea to teach English, while working on my Korean. I wont actually start working until I'm 26 or 27. Don't despair in that you couldn't graduate early or perhaps "on time", if that's your situation, because in college, there isn't a time limit to education. Graduate in the time that is best suited for you.

I hope this makes you feel better! I was a bit depressed at first knowing that my friends were either going to go on to graduate school or start their careers while I was going to just still be working on my BS and BAs. They were going to graduate basically together and I had another few years ahead of me. I could just drop my BAs, but for my education, I really desired them. I love French and Italian and so for me... 6 1/2 years of undergraduate work was perfectly suited for me.

Upvote 0
How do her parents let her go out with a skirt that allows me to literally see the bottom half of her ass cheeks when she is standing? And then she turns around and she has the bottom half of her tits hanging out on top of that?

I didn't take a picture because my wife and baby girl was with me, so, sorry. lol

I mean I am all for jail bait, but damn!

I personally blame MTV.

Let me guess, you were at Chandler Fashion, right ;)

Upvote 0
During the teen years I was one of the "goth kids" as well. But we dressed... different than that... the girls I hung out with dressed like the guys lol.. Dark big pants, dark band t-shirts, and lot's of metal. (chains, piercings etc.) although I've never had any piercings.

I was the only "goth kid" in honors classes though, and actually, I had a teach er once ask me in my high school Trig AP class if I was in the right class :(

I never really dressed like the guys. We dressed like Morticia Adams or Elvira than anything else.

I got in more trouble for finishing my assignments early than anything else. I remember sitting in English class reading Interview with a Vampire and the teacher getting really mad at me because we were supposed to be reading To Kill a Mockingbird. I explained that I had already finished it. She called me a liar and sent me to the principles office, who called my parents. My parents were pissed that they had to come to the school and my dad was very mad that they were trying to punish me for actually taking an interest in reading. They told the principle that I had read the book over the weekend and challenged them to go ahead and test me on it. I aced the test and the principle ended up being mad at the teacher for making him look bad. The teacher stayed mad at me for the rest of the year, but I still made an A in the class.

poor guy!!!! i would have bounced quickly! dammed i need to see one of your gettups!

The goth girls I see today dress far sexier than we did back then. They all try to be one of the Suicide Girls. We just liked being gothic.

To school I dressed pretty normal. Typically, I would wear a black skirt and a dark top of some sort. Since I wasn't allowed to wear black on black all that often. To parties, concerts and clubs I would wear something more like one of these:

gothgirl.jpg
a%20nice%20gothic%20girl.jpg

Upvote 0
I never really dressed like the guys. We dressed like Morticia Adams or Elvira than anything else.

I got in more trouble for finishing my assignments early than anything else. I remember sitting in English class reading Interview with a Vampire and the teacher getting really mad at me because we were supposed to be reading To Kill a Mockingbird. I explained that I had already finished it. She called me a liar and sent me to the principles office, who called my parents. My parents were pissed that they had to come to the school and my dad was very mad that they were trying to punish me for actually taking an interest in reading. They told the principle that I had read the book over the weekend and challenged them to go ahead and test me on it. I aced the test and the principle ended up being mad at the teacher for making him look bad. The teacher stayed mad at me for the rest of the year, but I still made an A in the class.

The goth girls I see today dress far sexier than we did back then. They all try to be one of the Suicide Girls. We just liked being gothic.

To school I dressed pretty normal. Typically, I would wear a black skirt and a dark top of some sort. Since I wasn't allowed to wear black on black all that often. To parties, concerts and clubs I would wear something more like one of these:

gothgirl.jpg
a%20nice%20gothic%20girl.jpg

I always thought it was funny when goth hit the mainstream. When hot topic first opened. Around us we loved it(only place that sold hardcore metal. Everywhere else was pop/rap or alternative... until we saw 12 years in ambercrombie shopping there a month later.

Upvote 0
I always thought it was funny when goth hit the mainstream. When hot topic first opened. Around us we loved it(only place that sold hardcore metal. Everywhere else was pop/rap or alternative... until we saw 12 years in ambercrombie shopping there a month later.

I was doing back to school shopping with my kids a week or so ago and I was wearing a very old Misfits t-shirt. Some kid (13-15 yo) was wearing the same shirt and made a comment that, "...gonna have to throw this shirt out if adults are going to start wearing them." I started laughing and pointed out that my shirt was older than he was, not to mention that I was actually alive when the band was together. His friends laughed. :D

Upvote 0
I doubt you would see too many Goth kids in college, unless you went to an art school.

My university has a very good art school and still nothing. I believe it's much more of a "fad" in high school when trying to separate yourself from other groups... kind of like how there are "wolves" coming about in high schools now due to Twilight.

Upvote 0

When I was in high school the goth chicks all dressed like guys. They shunned anything small or pretty. Big black baggy pants and sweat shirts.

A good example:

goth.jpg

The girls and guys were pretty much one in the same.

Today, the guys are emo and these "sexy" dressed goths today aren't even goths, they are "scene girls" or "suicide girls". At least that's what I've gathered from other forums. I'm not even that old and I feel like an elderly man after explaining that lol.

Upvote 0
I was doing back to school shopping with my kids a week or so ago and I was wearing a very old Misfits t-shirt. Some kid (13-15 yo) was wearing the same shirt and made a comment that, "...gonna have to throw this shirt out if adults are going to start wearing them." I started laughing and pointed out that my shirt was older than he was, not to mention that I was actually alive when the band was together. His friends laughed. :D

Never really got into the misfits. I was more of a Slipknot(hence the name IOWA/Mudvayne/Pantera/Mettalica kind of guy. Although now I'm eclectic so I listen to just about everything.

Upvote 0
I just steered clear of goth kids. I understand kids go through their rebellious stages during their teenage years, but you gotta grow out of it at some point. I see 20-some year olds walking down the street dressed very similar to the goths I saw in high school.

To each their own. If they blocked the halls in high school with their congregations, a smack to the head was enough. They did it on purpose and it was part of their plan to rebel against the authority. Yes. Blocking the halls.

I still haven't let it go from high school, despite being three years removed from it. If I could go back....... :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones