• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello D2 Community!

Question for you, you said verizon gave you a D2? Was your eris having problems? I have a friend at work that is on his 4th Eris and they wont give him another phone, just trying to see what you did to get it.

Yes, I was on my 3rd Eris. I have no problem with my Eris, I LOVE the size of it but its just built bad.

When I got my Eris yesterday in the mail, I turned it on, set it up, etc. Went to the market to test the trackball....and it didn't scroll up. So i did a factory reset, and it still didnt work.

Then i called VZW, told the CSR what was wrong and she offered me another Eris and then I very politely said I would like to speak to a supervisor, but after being on hold for 5 minutes or so she said they were in a meeting, so I told her how i felt about the Eris and how its not VZW fault the phones keep messing up, its HTC's fault. So she then offered to over-night a D2 over to me free of charge.

If you tell your buddy to call, tell him to be firm, but polite and explain your situation about the Eris, and hopefully he'll get another phone :)

If he does call PM me or post back here what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones