• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help: apps don't open on boot

Paultx

Apr 27, 2019
I have two apps I've been using for a long time on an everyday basis: TUFFS and Quick Volume Control.

They worked OK on my previous phones and still works OK on my good old Galaxy Tab A SM-P555M tablet.

And by work OK I mean not only do what they're expected to do, but also start up with the system and stay there near the notification area.

But I can't find a way to make TUFFS and Quick Volume Control behave the same way on my Asus ZenFone Live L1 ZA550KL (ASUS_X00RD). Before you ask, it has 2 GB of RAM.

This phone has a kind of startup manager to allow or deny apps to start up with the system, but though these two apps are set as allowed, they never start up after the boot! I have to open them manually every time I turn on my phone!

Screenshot-20210326-181149.png

Do you guys know why that happens and how I can fix it?

The tablet runs Android 7.1.1. The phone runs 8.0.0.

TIA.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones