• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help, Can't download anything!

simi G1

Lurker
Jul 27, 2011
Hello all.

I have had my G1 for awhile now. probably time for a new phone, but for now this is what I have. I have downloaded various items hundreds of times from the market over the past couple years. apps, games, updates, etc. But just recently it won't let me download anything. It tries, it says Item will be downloaded, and the download starts for maybe 3 seconds, then it says download unsuccessful. I tried to free up space by deleting out items, I tried a hard reboot by removing the battery, nothing helped.

any ideas? Many apps need to be updated, including my virus and e-mail programs, but I am unable. Any help would be great.

Used to be fine. Now neither updates or new downloads work. All get "Download error. Download was unsuccessful, please retry". Have HTC Desire with 2.2.

I've tried all the suggestions: cleared data and cache from Market and Download Manager. Uninstalled updates for Market. Unmounted SD card

Not sure if it's related but just before this I had problems with System Cache being low. That issue is gone now but the download problem persists.

Frustrated!

Upvote 0
I subscribed to a Samsung Galaxy Ace on Saturday and the first app download went without fault. Following updating to 2.3 Gingerbread, apps downloads just would not work.

After trolling the forums which pointed to many cures I decided to remove the battery for a cup of tea duration. Following which apps downloads now works. I assume removing to battery also clears the cache etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones