• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! DROID RAZR MAXX HD REFLASH TO STOCK?

Cheesehut

Lurker
Feb 16, 2016
Hi All!

I'm brand new to this forum, so thanks for reading this in advance.

I am totally new at this.

My XT926 crashed while I was wiping the google cache and a phone call came in, and now won't get past the motorola logo on bootup. I've tried calling Verizon and Motorola but their solutions have not helped. I have done the factory reset from the recovery menu, and attempted to flash Jelly Bean 4.1.2 using RSD lite and the recovery menu. Having a bit of an issue with installing AdbWinApi.Dll (or some such file)

Here are the issues I'm having:
I don't know how to determine which version of software might possibly be still on the phone. The Verizon Tech seemed to think that all the software on the phone is gone, including the startup file. The fastboot menu
reads:

AP Flashboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-61146a2, 2014-07-29 00:54:49)
eMMC Info: Size 32GB

Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

I'm not sure if there is a way to get back to the stock software. The phone is out of warranty so if rooting or any other kind of exploit is the way to go, I'm all for it.

I realize you guys have a lot of more exciting things to do, so thanks for any help you can provide. Thanks!

Cheesehut

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones