• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help how to unroot htc desire brown orange uk - need orange stock rom and tutorial

kaisar89

May 17, 2011
Hi, i need to recover my htc desire phone to its original state; and install the orange original ROM. I keep getting a update message every-time I reboot my phone, but when I try to install the update i get a triangle with an exclamation mark.

Current Software Information:
Android Information = 2.2
Baseband Version = 32.49.00.32u_5.11.05.27
Kernal Version = 2.6.32.15-gf5a401c htc-kernal@and18-2 #1
Build Number = 2.29.405.2 cl263770 release-keys
Software Number = 2.29.405.2
Browser Version = Webkit 3.1

I rooted the phone about 6 months, it has been working fine up until a few weeks back. now the phone keeps on crashing. or the keyboard does not load and apps crash quite often. i carried out a factory reset but still the problems has not been resolved.

can someone please provide a tutorial on how to unroot the phone to orange original stock rom.

Thanks in advance.

not to sure, i think its amoled. eg when playing games, the phone does not support multi touch, also the screen extremely reflective.

Neither of those indicate anything.

The phone does support mutitouch, but not full multi touch. Reflectiveness is the digitiser that sits above the screen.

Have you got the original box? If so is it an orange box or an HTC box? If its HTC box, look at the details about the phone.

Amoled desire's box says Screen type: amoled. SLCD says nothing about screen type.

Also,

Set the screen to be a completely black image. Go in a darkened room (or hide under a blanket) and see if you can see light bleeding from around teh edges.

If yes > LCD. If No > Amoled.

This is very important that we know.

You rooted 6 months ago. When did you buy it?

Upvote 0
Neither of those indicate anything.

The phone does support mutitouch, but not full multi touch. Reflectiveness is the digitiser that sits above the screen.

Have you got the original box? If so is it an orange box or an HTC box? If its HTC box, look at the details about the phone.

Amoled desire's box says Screen type: amoled. SLCD says nothing about screen type.

Also,

Set the screen to be a completely black image. Go in a darkened room (or hide under a blanket) and see if you can see light bleeding from around teh edges.

If yes > LCD. If No > Amoled.

This is very important that we know.

You rooted 6 months ago. When did you buy it?

hi, sorry for late reply, i have the original box and its orange branded. i think its amoled screen, no light bleeding around the edges.

So what do i have to next?

please help

Upvote 0
I have been helping.

How old is the device?

Im asking all these questions because we have to be CERTAIN its AMOLED. There is a procedure to get AMOLED only desires back to stock. However, IT WILL BREAK LCD desires.

hi, its about a year old, I got the phone from phone4u on a 18 month contract on orange dolphin. contract ending in November.

im sure there must be easier way to find out if phone is amoled or not, could i check it from settings?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones