• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP. I think I destroyed my HP Touchpad!

square1

Lurker
Oct 6, 2013
Hi all:

First time here so please be kind!:)

I just tried putting cm10.1 on my HP over webOS (first timer). All seemed to be going well. I was installing cminstall and the text was scrolling down the HP. The text stopped for about 5 minutes and I figured it was down. I unplug the USB cord from the PC and expect it to boot but nothing happens. The HP just stays on the DOS screen with all the text. I try to restart using the button but none of the buttons work. I tried to reconnect it to my PC but it isn't reading it. I don't think the charger is working now either so it will be drained pretty soon. I hope I didn't kill my HP.

ARGGGHHH! Any and all help really appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Try power + home for 45 seconds. Was it fully charged when you started? What guide did you use?

If you can get it to power up, and it doesn't give you a moboot menu and boot into CM10.1, you might want to run the acme uninstaller and try again.

I hope you used the acme 3 installer.

Upvote 0
Thanks colchiro

Well, I am again able to boot in webOS.

I am using the following files/zips, yet I do not get the CM 10 option upon booting up. I get, webOS, webOS Recovery, Clockwork Mod etc.

gapps-jb-20130812-signed
update-CWM6_tenderloin-20121215
moboot_038-tenderloin
cm-10.1-20130808-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-BLUETOOTH_TEST

And yes, ACEMInstaller3

Any help appreciated!

Upvote 0
Bad to worse...

I just installed

moboot_0.3.5
update-cm-10.1-20130808-EXPERIMENTAL-tenderloin-BLUETOOTH_TEST
update-CWM6_tenderloin-20121215
update-gapps-jb-20130812-signed

using ACMEInstaller 3

CM 10 now appears on moboot but I am experiencing a boot loop. My bigger problem is the moboot page is not letting me switch my choice out of CM10! All I can do is shut down the unit. Otherwise it just stays in the loop.

Any help greatly appreciated. Crummy way to spend a Sunday.

Upvote 0
Thank you. Got it to work:

FYI (in case you couldn't tell) I am a total noob. Here is what I learned to help other noobs.

1. In moboot the Volume button moves the cursor to different options. There is no touch screen (please stop laughing)

2. I need to ONLY include moboot and CMW in the cminstall folder and install

3. After moboot and CMW is installed I now went back to USB and placed the ROM under the HP Touchpad root so it will appear as being in an SD Card

4. I now rebooted HP and chose the Clockwork Mod option (CWM). I chose SD Card zip and finally found the ROM. I activated it

5. I went back to USB mode and now added gApps under the HP Touchpad root. Important! If the file doesn't start with "Update-" it needs to be added or it will not work!

6. Rebooted HP and choose Clockwork Mod>SD Card again and activated the gApps.

All is well.

As an aside, this only loaded about 25 apps and no camera!!!! CM 10.1. Did I still do something wrong?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't use the camera, but my understanding is it only supports certain apps so all you need to do is install an approved camera app.

The acmeuninstall is a once or twice in a lifetime procedure. Most of us had to do it b/c of corruption in early versions of CWM and TWRP. You can install via acme 3 or just flash from GooManager or recovery.

Upvote 0
I don't use the camera, but my understanding is it only supports certain apps so all you need to do is install an approved camera app.

The acmeuninstall is a once or twice in a lifetime procedure. Most of us had to do it b/c of corruption in early versions of CWM and TWRP. You can install via acme 3 or just flash from GooManager or recovery.

LOL! I used Uninstall about 6 lifetimes worth! In any case, all appears good now and I found a camera that does work. Appreciate all your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones