• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me decide... i5700 or i7500 ???

I guess i'm fool enough to ask the same old question again... But i think i have my own reasons for asking.
I'm not a gamer, neither have i any affinity for phone's camera (cell phn cameras sucks).
Recently I've entered into Android Application Development firm. I'm just a starter and can hardly program beyond few basic GUI Apps. (today is my 4th day)
I'm thinking of buying one android phone for testing purpose as well as personal use, but a cheaper one.
After going through a lot, only these two phones, Samsung i7500 and i5700 falls under my limitations.

I've gone through many articles and reviews on both the phones.
Basic things i want are, fast processing, fast browsing, updatable to latest firmware, maximum app support, GPS features, high storage capacity and very good battery life.
Initially i was preferring i7500 due to its 8GB inbuilt memory mainly and 5MP CAM can also be added to the preference.
But then, after reading the reviews in so many forums, i'm now thinking of i5700 (spica). I've heard the newer model is bugless and better than the previous one..

My another big reason is, that i7500 has MOLED with 16M color while i5700 has only 65K color.
Is there any such difference ? What i know is that till date, android supports just 65K colors. So, is this the reason that i5700 is labelled as 65K color or is it really less thn the other one ??? Is there a big difference in both of their screens (xcpt dat MOLED factor) ???

I've also heard that i7500 has tendency to lose its charge very quickly than the company specification. Is it right ???

And my last doubt is that, somewhere i read that the i7500 handset has been discontinued by Samsung. Is it corrent ???

THanks a lot for helping, if you do... please...

Hey !

I have an i7500 - it's great! The only thing I found slightly annoying with it is the unlock screen key takes a second or two longer than you would like. Once you get used to the 'perfect timing' it is a breeze.

Don't know if you've found one yet or decided but for interests sake I'm actually selling mine on Ebay - I hardly used it and it's in great condition. Starting price is $150 AUD if you're interested, just search and you will see it :)

Good luck with your decision! Just google and youtube reviews until you're happy with what you want to do!! :)

Upvote 0
I know for sure that the Spica/Lite/Portal/I5700 isn't going to get FroYo unless its through an outside source. Samsung has said that the phone is too old and they won't be updating it. Since the Samsung Galaxy S (in its four? five? mutations) is coming out in the next few months (in Canada anyways) I think they'll be focussing on that and whatever else is coming through the pipeline.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones