• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Me Understand How This Works...

Sometimes my voice mails show up on the phone instead of in the regular phone system voice mail box. Is this some setting I need to change? I don't understand why some playback through the phone and others I have to dial 1 to get?

To make this a little more clear sometimes voice mails don't show up in my regular VM box but they appear stored on the phone somehow and will only play back through the phones memory not the VM box.

Upvote 0
When this has happened to me it gave me some sort of message stating that there was a problem downloading the vm to my phone.

Eventually the voicemail was in both places. On the phone in the list of voicemails and I still had a notification that it was also in the voicemail system that you have to call and listen to.

I think it is so that you don't lose a vm message that doesn't download properly to your phone.

PAFisher

Upvote 0
When this has happened to me it gave me some sort of message stating that there was a problem downloading the vm to my phone.

Eventually the voicemail was in both places. On the phone in the list of voicemails and I still had a notification that it was also in the voicemail system that you have to call and listen to.

I think it is so that you don't lose a vm message that doesn't download properly to your phone.

PAFisher

Yes this is exaxtly what happens, OK so im not going out of my mind then.

Upvote 0

PAFisher

Happened to me once as well. A few minutes later, the VM was sitting on my phone. If it happens again, I'll just wait for it to arrive on my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones