• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help me with this thing before I throw it! Please?

My husband had gotten himself an original Samsung Galaxy Tab a while back, and did nothing but complain about apps crashing, force-stopping, etc. on the few occasions that I had used it to read in the Kindle app, I had no problems, so I finally convinced him that since he hadn't touched it in weeks, it should be passed down to me.

I had him do a factory reset, signed in with my google account, and settled in to set it up to my liking. After about 30 minutes, I realized what he had been complaining about. Crashes, apps force-stopping...it's terrible. I know it's nowhere the beast my s3 is,since it is older hardware and software, but it's borderline unusable.

I'm going to attempt one more factory reset, but I'm not holding my breath. Is it possible that we just got a lemon, or is this thing just old beyond it's time? Hubby works for Verizon, the only thing they will do is have us send it in to be evaluated/repaired if need be. Would it be worth doing this?

Thanks in advance :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones