• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! my galaxy s2 is in need of a update bad!

i got a galaxy s2 and it has no firmwear when i try to see if i can update it.. my apps i had on my other phone arnt compatible with this phone.i dont have service so i use it on wifi.. its tmoblie carrier. its on icecream and ive tried to upgrade with direct links it wont work.. ive kingrooted it.. uncletools all that shit. nothing is working the apk files wont open... ugh someone please help me get this phone working and updated before i lose my mind... remember i run off wifi so no sim card and i dont have a computer so wifi is my only internet ive got to work with.. i do have a sim i can put in it if i need too.. just please someone help me... please

Unlike the global version of the Galaxy S2, i9100, which has an Android 7.1.2, Nougat custom ROM running on it, see Galaxy S2 on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, the 7 year old carrier minority variant for the U.S. T-Mobile network, SGH-T989, is not supported by Lineage custom ROMs. The best I could come up with is a custom ROM from the predecessor to Lineage, CyanogenMod. However, you will need a PC to flash this and any other similar ROMs. Here is a step-by-step guide...

How to install the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 Unofficial ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung SGH-T989

Flashing custom ROMs is for competent and experienced users.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Upvote 0
Unlike the global version of the Galaxy S2, i9100, which has an Android 7.1.2, Nougat custom ROM running on it, see Galaxy S2 on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, the 7 year old carrier minority variant for the U.S. T-Mobile network, SGH-T989, is not supported by Lineage custom ROMs. The best I could come up with is a custom ROM from the predecessor to Lineage, CyanogenMod. However, you will need a PC to flash this and any other similar ROMs. Here is a step-by-step guide...

How to install the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 Unofficial ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung SGH-T989

Flashing custom ROMs is for competent and experienced users.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Or if you don't know[not reffering to ironass] flash jelly bean..

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
Surely there are no more OTA updates even for the S4? Certainly not for the S2.

Spot on Hadron. ;)

The Galaxy S2, SGH-T989, carrier minority variant for T-Mobile (USA), only ever had 3 firmware releases during its lifetime... the last of which was on Android 4.1.2, Jelly Bean, waaaay back in March, 2013.

(Last stock update for the T-Mobile Galaxy S4, SGH-M919, was on Android 4.4.4, KitKat, in December 2015 and for the Global, GT-i9505, model on Android 5.0.1, Lollipop, in July 2017. You gotta love U.S. carrier support. :rolleyes:)

Upvote 0
Spot on Hadron. ;)

The Galaxy S2, SGH-T989, carrier minority variant for T-Mobile (USA), only ever had 3 firmware releases during its lifetime... the last of which was on Android 4.1.2, Jelly Bean, waaaay back in March, 2013.

(Last stock update for the T-Mobile Galaxy S4, SGH-M919, was on Android 4.4.4, KitKat, in December 2015 and for the Global, GT-i9505, model on Android 5.0.1, Lollipop, in July 2017. You gotta love U.S. carrier support. :rolleyes:)

I mean the ones that are available. I know past 3 and a half years there are no updates

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones