• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help, My phones memory is constantly full!

go to menu/settings/applications/manage applications/menu/list by size and see which apps are using the most space, some may have a cache that you can empty, or just uninstall apps you dont use.

untill we get 2.2 or unless you root your phone you only have limited space on the phone for apps and app data.

Upvote 0
im guessing cache on some apps are eating some of that space
menu-settings-applications-manage applications and check the cache

i know your looking for space, plus someone else may read this, their is ann app called quick app clean cache, its 184kb it puts apps that are using space with cache in order, so when you open the app you dont have to go looking through all your apps to see what needs clearing, their all in order that need clearing

Reactions: Mikeleonhart
Upvote 0
I can see It being a very handy app, but I dont have any cache data that needs to be deleted from what I just checked.

Only got 17MB left, which isnt enough to take all my facebook contacts and pictures so I'll just have to leave it I think.

May eventually Root my phone

How many facebook contacts do you have? 40mb is a lot. I only have 100 FB contacts but I have 700+ Google contacts, most of which have photos and I'm only using about 9mb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones