• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help on rooting the Hero!

alexluckett

Lurker
May 22, 2010
Hi there,

I'm a complete newbie to rooting android, I've never really looked at it before and certainly have not done it before. I want to root my HTC Hero, to either 2.1 or 2.2 (when a custom ROM is available).

I'm unsure what custom ROM to choose, and how to do it! I want a ROM that will have most/all of the features of android 2.1/2.2 and will all work. I also want to be able to use the APPS2SD with it too. And one more thing: it needs to have the Sense UI.

Can anybody please help me with a ROM and help me on how to root my Hero? I honestly do not have a clue where to start.

Thanks, any help will be extremely appreciated
Alex

P.S: It may also be of help, I have the European hero. Unbranded/unlocked, from the Carphone Warehouse.

Hi there,

I'm a complete newbie to rooting android, I've never really looked at it before and certainly have not done it before. I want to root my HTC Hero, to either 2.1 or 2.2 (when a custom ROM is available).

I'm unsure what custom ROM to choose, and how to do it! I want a ROM that will have most/all of the features of android 2.1/2.2 and will all work. I also want to be able to use the APPS2SD with it too. And one more thing: it needs to have the Sense UI.

Can anybody please help me with a ROM and help me on how to root my Hero? I honestly do not have a clue where to start.

Thanks, any help will be extremely appreciated
Alex

P.S: It may also be of help, I have the European hero. Unbranded/unlocked, from the Carphone Warehouse.
[Complete Guide] How To Fully Back Up And Restore Your Android Phone Using Nandroid Backup | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones