• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Phone keeps switching to 1x when I know i have 3g

D

Deleted User

Hey all, im running the blackaosp theoryROM and running well, except my service seems to be reverting to 1x back and forth throughout the day. Kind of annoying.

I uninstalled "LTE on/off" because i thought it was messing with it.

Under Settings>networks> mobile networks--- there is a long list of preferred network types. mine is on

what is it supposed to be at? mine is at CDMA/EvDo Auto.

Is this correct? if not, what is the correct setting? (btw i am in a 3g only area, moved away to college for the year and lost 4g!)

Also, running MR2 radio. thinking of upgrading to see if that helps but i dont mess with the radio bootloadermuch. i see the link here: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/399960-radios-recoveries-hboot.html but, not sure what the difference is between 2nd,3,4 GB leak. my rom recommends MR3.5.

What do you guys recommend?

thanks in advance for any resposne

I am currently running the 802 radio, and have been since its release adn it is absolutely Great. i am in a strong 4G area though.

and i think CDMA/EVdo is correct.

to get the radio, it is pretty simple.
download radio
rename to PG05IMG.zip
place on root of SD card (not in a folder)
turn off phone
boot into hboot by holding volume down and power
you will get a white screen with clorful letters
it will search for the PG file
i believe (been a while) you choose volume up for yes to apply update
it will flash it
power to reboot and you are golden.
once rebooted, delete the PG05IMG file or move it to a folder. it can cause issues if you leave it on the root of the SD card.

i have had great handoffs from 3G to 4G and 1x, and the best battery life with this radio.

Upvote 0
I am currently running the 802 radio, and have been since its release adn it is absolutely Great. i am in a strong 4G area though.

and i think CDMA/EVdo is correct.

to get the radio, it is pretty simple.
download radio
rename to PG05IMG.zip
place on root of SD card (not in a folder)
turn off phone
boot into hboot by holding volume down and power
you will get a white screen with clorful letters
it will search for the PG file
i believe (been a while) you choose volume up for yes to apply update
it will flash it
power to reboot and you are golden.
once rebooted, delete the PG05IMG file or move it to a folder. it can cause issues if you leave it on the root of the SD card.

i have had great handoffs from 3G to 4G and 1x, and the best battery life with this radio.

Hi,
Since he is running blackaosp he can hold the power down for 2 seconds and then choose reboot then bootloader then ok and it will boot into hboot :)

Thanks,
Bryan

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I agree with updating the radios but the network type should be "CDMA + LTE/EvDo Auto". The setting you are on currently is 3G only.

If you or anyone else could answer this, that would be awesome---

Which radio is the latest? in the radio sticky it says MR2.75 as the highest and also 2nd 3rd and 4th GB leak? which one is the MR3.5? that is the one recommended for my ROM.

Anyone? thx in advance

Upvote 0
I am not sure what you are calling MR3.5 radio. You could compare basebands to see what it is. I personally am using the 3rd GB leak and have no complaints.

Radios are really independent of roms, once you flash a radio it should perform the same on each rom, I suggest do as little flashing in hboot as you can you can fix a jacked up recovery/rom issue if you screw up something in hboot it could be very hard to undo.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones