• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Phone won't flash!

irishjoeyo

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
I have a Bell Galaxy S Vibrant/GT-I9000M from Canada. It is stuck in an endless loop where it shows the "GALAXY S GT-I9000M SAMSUNG" black & white screen. It simply keeps flashing and I have to pull the battery.

I have tried flashing it with several different USA ROMS from samfirmware.com because they don't have any listed for Canada. From what ODIN shows, everything goes through fine. The first box above the COM port turns green and says "Pass!" and the process box toward the bottom shows "Complete". Immediately after that point, the endless loop occurs that I described above.

I can get the phone into Download mode just fine, but not into Recovery mode. I have tried flashing it on two different Windows 7 computers both with and without the PIT file and with and without the "Re-Partition" box checked, all with the same results.

Is this phone truly bricked? I am at a loss for what to try next. :(

I'm not entirely convinced that it's gone bad. After all, when I load the ROM in Download mode, I get the blue bar going across the screen on my phone's display. In addition to that, my computer recognizes my phone and it shows up in Device Manager. ADB, however, says "device not found".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones