• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chinmoy_jet

May 10, 2011
Hi my name is sunny and i am totally new in this forum
i have 2questions and will be very great full if some one
would help me
1) what is rooting and how is it done please explain in simple steps
2) is it safe to upgrade froyo 2.2.1 to gingerbread 2.3.3 if yes then how can it be done

Hi my name is sunny and i am totally new in this forum
i have 2questions and will be very great full if some one
would help me
1) what is rooting and how is it done please explain in simple steps
2) is it safe to upgrade froyo 2.2.1 to gingerbread 2.3.3 if yes then how can it be done

Answer to the above two questions are:
1.Rooting means having access to each and every aspect of your phone.You can make any changes whatever you like in your phone and also provide the "Super user" permissions to some apps in the market which are meant for only rooted users. You can root your phone using "superclickone v1.9.1".It is very simple just open the application in your PC and connect your phone via USB and click "Root" . That is it. You are rooted!!
2.Officially Gingerbread has not been launched for Asia but the leaked out version is available at News - www.SamFirmware.com remember you need to register at samfirmware before accessing the files for upgrading to gingerbread. Till now I have found that after the upgrade the auto focus of the camera does not work.

Reactions: chinmoy_jet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones