• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!!! samsung galaxy s and 2.2??

tom5985

Lurker
Dec 13, 2010
Hi all, sorry im new so forgive me if this sounds daft

im tryin to update my firmware on my galaxy s to 2.2 but i cant seem to do it... for a start i dunno what im doin or what i need to do to get the firmware or back up my phone etc... can someone help?

thanks
tom

@tom....
download and install the latest version of Kies from samsungapps.com
On your phone, go to Settings> About phone>USB Settings...
Select Ask on connection

After you have downloaded and install \kies, connect your galaxy to your PC with your cable
The Galaxy will ask how to connect, click "Samsung Kies"
you should be prompted to upgrade your Firmware within Kies program...just follow instructions from there

Upvote 0
Wait wait wait...v2.2 is available on the Galaxy S line now??

IIRC, 2.2 was out in certain parts of europe. So some people with Galaxy S phones got 2.2. But the update was apparently really messed up in some way (slow or something?) so ATT is/was trying to fix it by rolling it out slowly (really slowly).

This is all things I've read somewhere else in this forum. I'm not sure if it is 100% accurate, but it is what I read.

Upvote 0
IIRC, 2.2 was out in certain parts of europe. So some people with Galaxy S phones got 2.2. But the update was apparently really messed up in some way (slow or something?) so ATT is/was trying to fix it by rolling it out slowly (really slowly).

This is all things I've read somewhere else in this forum. I'm not sure if it is 100% accurate, but it is what I read.

Been out for months. Even 2.2.1 is out now. Pretty much all of the bugs have been ironed out already. The GPS bug is a hardware problem, and the rest can usually be solved by a factor reset. AT&T is just being lazy.

It's out in Europe, Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, India, etc.

Upvote 0
Been out for months. Even 2.2.1 is out now. Pretty much all of the bugs have been ironed out already. The GPS bug is a hardware problem, and the rest can usually be solved by a factor reset. AT&T is just being lazy.

Lol, but ok, to be clear...v2.2 is NOT out in the USA via Verizion. Correct?

I've been anxiously waiting like many and want to be sure I didn't miss something big like that.

Upvote 0

Just a serious question because I am 1 of those guys who are waiting every day for froyo 2.2 update ... anyway Do u Mean that Official Froyo 2.2 for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 is out in europe aswell??? I live in GREECE btw..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones