• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help setting my daughter's tablet

jfe

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2009
I need some help with the tablet that I gave my daughter (Asus Transformer), and it's not so much what I want her to see, compared as to what I don't want her to see

I've bought plenty of books and music, using my own personal gmail account. Now that she has her own, I would like to have her access to the books, and maybe the music that I have on her device.

Well, her device has her own gmail account, and if I add my google account, well, she is going to have access to all my books and music, and also to my email. And that is my problem

Is there a way to set the tablet up so she can't see the email only? Right now, all she has to do is to click on the account name, and although I can set it up as not being synced, she can still have access to it.

The good thing with Amazon, is that I can put the Kindle and MP3 programs, that are independent, and she can use those.

Google books, and google music, not so easy.

And no, I am not trying to pull a scam or anything like that

Anything you purchase is tied to your gmail account and for copyright reasons, it can't be used on hers.

Your only option is to buy it again using her account I'm afraid.

I know you've no bad intentions, but if you could transfer paid items between accounts, it could potentially mean that apps/songs/books etc paid for once could be used on multiple accounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones