• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! Too dumb for dummy proof root kit

muhaha... I was watching the vid...."WOOKWOOFWOOF...WOOFWOOFWOOFSHUDDUP!!"

To explain what was happening... when I had you open the RUNFIRST script and edit it, if you were to look at all that text, it is calling the other scripts. But in order for the script to work, it needed it's "resource files". so by only extracting the firstrun and not all the files, it could not find any of the files it needed to execute.

Though technically not the only executable, adb.exe(Android Debug Bridge) is the main tool here with it's two library files to work(AdbWinApi.dll&AdbWinUsbApi.dll),not quite sure what androidscreencast.jnlp is for.

Files with .bat are all scripted files that use adb.exe to check status of the phone and send files to the phone as well.

The other two folders contain files that the main scripts copy to your phone (with adb) and procced to execute those files(with adb) to achieve root.

Upvote 0
muhaha... I was watching the vid...."WOOKWOOFWOOF...WOOFWOOFWOOFSHUDDUP!!"

To explain what was happening... when I had you open the RUNFIRST script and edit it, if you were to look at all that text, it is calling the other scripts. But in order for the script to work, it needed it's "resource files". so by only extracting the firstrun and not all the files, it could not find any of the files it needed to execute.

Though technically not the only executable, adb.exe(Android Debug Bridge) is the main tool here with it's two library files to work(AdbWinApi.dll&AdbWinUsbApi.dll),not quite sure what androidscreencast.jnlp is for.

Files with .bat are all scripted files that use adb.exe to check status of the phone and send files to the phone as well.

The other two folders contain files that the main scripts copy to your phone (with adb) and procced to execute those files(with adb) to achieve root.

Android screen cast is to view the phone screen on PC, Java must be installed and adb server must be running for this to work as well as USB debugging enabled on phone

Reactions: kornrokn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones