• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help With Facebook Sync

When I first received my Evo about a week ago, without doing any manual work my pre-existing contacts were synced with facebook. Facebook didn't add contacts, it just put a picture beside them and gave me some additional details on them, like birthdays and emails. Since, I've messed roms and the like, and have lost this. Now when I try and sync (even on the stock evo rom) it will only pick up a few of my contacts, about 10, and thats it. Not only that but their is an annoying little "f" facebook logo in the corner of their pictures too. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work again? Currently I'm running Myn's Warm, a sense rom, and going to settings > applications > facebook for sense > sync contacts.

Also, is there anyway to tell it not to add every single fricken birthday to my calendar as well? I didn't ask facebook to sync events and birthdays to my calanders, thats just too much going on.

Thanks for the help!

open the people app in your app drawer

press menu.view.check facebook for htc sense and this will add all facebook contacts to your main contacts list

OR

from within people click on the third icon at the bottom, the internet symbol , click facebook, menu refresh

I only have the second option enabled ..which is done via the menu you went through but noticed some were not "linked". I used the first method and "linked" everyone then unchecked it and it stuck. Some had to manually be linked.

Seems to be an issue everytime I change roms and I may or may not have had to add footprints back on the phone to get it to sync properly. can't remember

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones