• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
my phone is running super slow.. is there something im missing? i dont have THAT many apps.. have a ton of memory open.. but still my messaging and home screen icons are lagging worse than ever... am i doing something wrong?:thinking:

Hello sillystring.

I've moved this to the Droid support area for you.

I'd have a look at my apps that are configured to auto sync and/or update in the background, first. Configuring at least some of them to sync or update on demand can speed up your device (weather, news, facebook, email, etc).

GPS constantly on, along with wifi as well, can use up resources, causing slow downs over time.

Good luck, have a look around your device's menus, clear caches, etc, I'll bet after doing that and powering down then back up will show you some improvement. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones