• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TheMighyLoki

Aug 13, 2011
Ok so the phone was acting funny...ie slow web response, volume on phone calls getting to low, even if i push the volume up button five to six time ect..ect. So I flashed a new rom from a new sd card and it was great, all problems are gone, until I flashed a new theme. Now it goes to the cyanogen 7 boot screen and loops about three time and gets stuck. I have tried the Get out of Fastboot Mode and I can not get the computer to see the fastboot drivers. I had installed the LG driver in the past so I thought that by deleting the drivers and reinstalling them that would do it, but as soon as I plug in the phone and direct the install to the new drivers it goes back to the old drivers.

In Device Manger its listed as
Disk drives LGE Android Platform USB Device
Ports(Com & LPT) LGE Android Platform USB GPS NMEA Port (Com7)
LGE Android Platform USB Serial Port(Com6)
What do I need to do??

Ok so the phone was acting funny...ie slow web response, volume on phone calls getting to low, even if i push the volume up button five to six time ect..ect. So I flashed a new rom from a new sd card and it was great, all problems are gone, until I flashed a new theme. Now it goes to the cyanogen 7 boot screen and loops about three time and gets stuck. I have tried the Get out of Fastboot Mode and I can not get the computer to see the fastboot drivers. I had installed the LG driver in the past so I thought that by deleting the drivers and reinstalling them that would do it, but as soon as I plug in the phone and direct the install to the new drivers it goes back to the old drivers.

In Device Manger its listed as
Disk drives LGE Android Platform USB Device
Ports(Com & LPT) LGE Android Platform USB GPS NMEA Port (Com7)
LGE Android Platform USB Serial Port(Com6)
What do I need to do??

Your not in fast boot........your in a boot loop, just go back into recovery, erase everything and reflash the rom, or restore nandroid if you made one before flashing theme.

Also flashable themes are ONLY for BACKside, not for any other CM7 ROM.

Reactions: TheMighyLoki
Upvote 0
First, Thanks You very much for helping me getting my head out of my rear-end. After getting in to recovery I found out that I Had not flashed the new rom and when I flashed the new theme, it boot looped. So back to recovery flash new Backside and............ Error...that is when it dawns on my, all I had done was wipe everything and did not flash the new rom. Back to recovery turned off signature verification flashed rom and all the right in my kingdom. Thank You.

Upvote 0
First, Thanks You very much for helping me getting my head out of my rear-end. After getting in to recovery I found out that I Had not flashed the new rom and when I flashed the new theme, it boot looped. So back to recovery flash new Backside and............ Error...that is when it dawns on my, all I had done was wipe everything and did not flash the new rom. Back to recovery turned off signature verification flashed rom and all the right in my kingdom. Thank You.

What about gapps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones