• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rdrain1994

May 3, 2013
Atlanta
Alright people I want to know if there is any way that I can improve the scrolling on my phone. When I'm on applications such as instagram or twitter the scrolling can get really choppy. When I'm scrolling through lists on my phone it tends to be a lot better.

On iPhones their scrolling showed no signs of lag on them well at least when I played around with them. If you have played around with an iPhone you know what I mean.

I have the Huawei Premia and I believe it has a similar processor to the s3. On the s3 I had it was choppy on there also until I rooted it and went in setcpu and set the governor on performance after i overclocked it and then it was much better. I set this phone on performance in setcpu but it really doesn't do anything maybe because I haven't overclocked it but I tried it anyway out of curiosity.

Is there a way to improve this or an explanation to why this is? Oh yeah just to throw this out there my chrome browser runs very smooth. My Facebook app runs very smooth too only if I uninstall the updates for it. Without the update the scrolling on the Facebook app resembles the iPhone scrolling to me. But with updates the app can get one move swipe up or down and it will scroll until it slows all the way down.

I'm sorry but I don't have your device, on my Evo, under developer options I have force gpu rendering checked and it improves my screen responsiveness a good amount. Takes most of the load of of the cpu, hope it helps, keep us informed on how you make out. If you'd like this moved to your device forum for possibly more insight just pm one of us guides or mods and we'll be happy to help. Good luck. :D
OB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones