• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hey all, need your help. I am running....APEX

bosox2k1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Williston, VT
Hey everyone!

I am a little confused how to update to gingerbread, so if anyone can help me--that'd be awesome. I have read other threads, but I just wanna be absolutely sure.

Here is how my phone reads in the 'about phone' settings

Android Version: 2.2.1
System Version: 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Build Number: Apex 1.3.1

Do I absolutely have to SBF? Or am I ok to update to gingerbread without SBFing?

Also, if I SBF---do I lose root? And would I just use the latest RSD Lite? Or is there a specific one?

Thanks a lot, this forum is awesome and I don't feel ashamed for asking bc everyone here is always so helpful. Thanks again.

Hey everyone!

I am a little confused how to update to gingerbread, so if anyone can help me--that'd be awesome. I have read other threads, but I just wanna be absolutely sure.

Here is how my phone reads in the 'about phone' settings

Android Version: 2.2.1
System Version: 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Build Number: Apex 1.3.1

Do I absolutely have to SBF? Or am I ok to update to gingerbread without SBFing?

Also, if I SBF---do I lose root? And would I just use the latest RSD Lite? Or is there a specific one?

Thanks a lot, this forum is awesome and I don't feel ashamed for asking bc everyone here is always so helpful. Thanks again.

yes you need to SBF...yes you will lose root...but you will re-root with z4root and then install Gingerbread

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones