• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hey smokers out there....

The nicotine level is selectable with e-cigs.

Yeah I read all the beginner stuff. I was always under the belief and I could be wrong, just something I was told, that the nicotine in one dip = to that of 7 analogs.

The thing that appeals to me about the E's is the step down of the nicotine levels. But, getting back into cardio is already killing me I don't want to make it harder then it has to be. ;)

Upvote 0
I smoked for 15 years, quit cold-turkey for 13, started back up 2 years ago because my girlfriend left me. What a feeble excuse.

Don't beat yourself up. Stress is a killer. It drives some people to drink and others to do some pretty serious drugs. I quit 3 or 4 times (due to considerable pressure from everyone in my life)and was a complete bitch when I did. Personally, I just love to smoke and that only makes it harder to stop. If you really do want to quit again, the electronics are a pretty good way to go.

Upvote 0
Basically, an e-cig or vaporizer heats up a liquid (known as e-juice or juice) that is basically vegetable glycerin or polyglycine (sometimes both) plus artificial flavoring (usually baking type flavoring) and nicotine. The liquid is vaporized and inhaled just like a cigarette would be. The big difference is that you don't have the 500 something other potentially toxic chemicals that are found in analog cigarettes. Since nicotine really isn't that harmful (no more than caffeine) and not a cancer causing agent you are simply supplying nicotine to your body in a different way and avoiding a lot of the negatives of smoking. E-juice is also available in a bunch of different flavors and nicotine strengths. I typically "vape" butterscotch , RY4 (has a sort of maple flavor) or 555 (has a sort of nutty flavor). The vapor that is exhaled is water vapor and is typically odorless. So you don't smell like smoke and you can "smoke" just about anywhere. I've used mine on a plane and in plenty of restaurants.

I need to try this. I am clean of ciggs for a couple weeks now and I am finding it hard to resist. Last time I quit I was broke and in my early 20's.. It seems so much harder now. Thanks for the knowledge!

Upvote 0
Don't beat yourself up. Stress is a killer. It drives some people to drink and others to do some pretty serious drugs. I quit 3 or 4 times (due to considerable pressure from everyone in my life)and was a complete bitch when I did. Personally, I just love to smoke and that only makes it harder to stop. If you really do want to quit again, the electronics are a pretty good way to go.

Yeah I quit smoking for a LONG time and man.. I was mean. (even to people in here apparently :()

Upvote 0
+1 On the ecigs. I've been using them for 2 months. The long term health effects are not known for certain but the main ingredient in the liquid is the same as has been used in asthma inhalers for 60 years. I've quit with the patch in years past and this was much easier, plus I didn't replace smoking with eating and gain a bunch of weight. I feel like breathing and exercise is much easier as if I'd quit smoking. Once you figure out which system and juice to use, the saving are pretty incredible too, especially if you smoke alot.

As for rolling your own, I tried that a few years ago to try and save a few bucks. The cigs never had a consistent draw, and I loved my Marlboros and didn't like the taste of other analogs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones