• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi all !

Hello.

I am seriously thinking about an HTC Hero as my next phone and found this site whilst researching Android and what it can / can't do.

I love the iPhone, but not the company ethics behind it (lock the hardware, charge for software etc)... open source is where it's at. The Hero looks awesome and seems to do everything I need in a mobile device.

I had a play around with the Android SDK in eclipse last night and it seems very easy to use... looks like fun too.

The only thing I can find nothing about is that I currently use Sony Ericsson phones because I can read and send texts from my PC via my phone using the PC suite on my laptop. A whole lot quicker than even the most predictive of text software, especially when you can type properly ;)

Is there anything like this for Android ?

Anyway, hello to everyone... I will probably be around for a while (sorry).

Daniel.

Hello.

I am seriously thinking about an HTC Hero as my next phone and found this site whilst researching Android and what it can / can't do.

I love the iPhone, but not the company ethics behind it (lock the hardware, charge for software etc)... open source is where it's at. The Hero looks awesome and seems to do everything I need in a mobile device.

I had a play around with the Android SDK in eclipse last night and it seems very easy to use... looks like fun too.

The only thing I can find nothing about is that I currently use Sony Ericsson phones because I can read and send texts from my PC via my phone using the PC suite on my laptop. A whole lot quicker than even the most predictive of text software, especially when you can type properly ;)

Is there anything like this for Android ?

Anyway, hello to everyone... I will probably be around for a while (sorry).

Daniel.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones