• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So I clicked on the "Say Hi" link because the "don't lurk" made me feel guilty. My name is Darren and I live in Oregon. My wife and I picked up two free HTC Droid Eris' as part of Verizon's buy one get one free event (since it was only $100, my new every two credit covered the cost of the first one).

I actually was not planning on renewing my contract with Verizon. I had iPhone envy- big time! I'm glad the rest of my family (who is on my shared plan) hadn't gotten to the end of their contracts or else I would have ended up moving to AT&T.

After my wife and I bought our Eris', my brother and sister who are also on my shared plan bought them as well. So now we have four and we love them.

I'm really looking forward to hopefully an Android 2.0 or 2.1 update, and am a huge fan of the power-saving tip of not always being connected to the mobile network (a tip that I found at this forum)! My battery was only lasting 1 day max before and now it has gone up to 3!

As far as my must have app recommendations go, I'm a big fan of Robo Defense, WordUp!, and of course, PapiJump. I'm an avid Handcent and Pandora user, and I'm in love with Google Voice. If for no other reason than for the entertaining text messages I get when google tries to transcribe the messages that are left for me.

Thanks to everyone who makes this forum great to lurk on!

Best regards,

DF

So I clicked on the "Say Hi" link because the "don't lurk" made me feel guilty. My name is Darren and I live in Oregon. My wife and I picked up two free HTC Droid Eris' as part of Verizon's buy one get one free event (since it was only $100, my new every two credit covered the cost of the first one).

I actually was not planning on renewing my contract with Verizon. I had iPhone envy- big time! I'm glad the rest of my family (who is on my shared plan) hadn't gotten to the end of their contracts or else I would have ended up moving to AT&T.

After my wife and I bought our Eris', my brother and sister who are also on my shared plan bought them as well. So now we have four and we love them.

I'm really looking forward to hopefully an Android 2.0 or 2.1 update, and am a huge fan of the power-saving tip of not always being connected to the mobile network (a tip that I found at this forum)! My battery was only lasting 1 day max before and now it has gone up to 3!

As far as my must have app recommendations go, I'm a big fan of Robo Defense, WordUp!, and of course, PapiJump. I'm an avid Handcent and Pandora user, and I'm in love with Google Voice. If for no other reason than for the entertaining text messages I get when google tries to transcribe the messages that are left for me.

Thanks to everyone who makes this forum great to lurk on!

Best regards,

DF
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones