• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hi from a soon-to-be Moment owner

Matt_H

Dec 3, 2009
Hi. I just upgraded my phone to a Samsung Moment, and Sprint claims it will be at my doorstep tomorrow (I know I could have gotten it cheaper via wirefly or some other place like that, but I've gotten burned in the past going through a 3rd party while trying to keep my current employee discounts). I've got a Phantom Skinz screen protector, a 16GB microSDHC card, a car charger, and a few extra regular chargers arriving in the next few days as well. I already live and breath by Google (I use gmail, contacts, and calendar on a very regular basis), so I knew that an Android phone was for me. When it comes, I plan on going through all the FAQs step-by-step to proactively address any issues I may have (battery meter, compass calibration, etc.). I tend to over-research my purchases, so I've read almost everything in the Moment section of the forum. Just wanted to thank all the regular contributors here for helping me make my decision.

I've had the Moment since Saturday, and I'm loving it. Gmail, work mail, maps, etc...all awesome. The Phantom Skinz screen guard looks great - I was worried at first, but be patient - the haze really will go away in 2-4 hours. Now I'm completely confident having the phone in my pocket. I charged and drained the battery completely twice, and now the battery meter seems to be pretty accurate.

Two issues:
1) I tried to install "Terminal Emulator," but it would not install because the package was incorrectly signed. At the time I asked the market to install the package, it said that it would replace the verison of terminal emulator already on the phone. However, there is no terminal emulator listed in my phone's program list. So, a) is it possible that I have the program installed and it is not on the list (and if so, how would I launch the app), and b) any idea about the "incorrectly signed" package issue?

2) I have a 12 GB music collection, all in .mp3 format, all ripped and tagged by me from CDs I own. I coppied all of my music on to a 16 gig microSD card. The Android music player can see and play all the music, but it only sees the tags for about 10 or so albums worth of songs. The rest of the music is listed under unknown artist, unknown album, and the song name is just the file name itself. That means that the vast majority of my songs (3000+ files) are uncategorized. Any ideas? I've mounted the microSD card on to several computers with several different operating systems, and each computer is able to see the tag metadata, so I know that the metadata is in the file directly.

Thanks,
-Matt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones