• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So here I am thinking about something that may sound stupid to some or maybe all. I have someone who wants to trade me there xperia x10 for my nexus one. Now, before I bought my nexus I wanted the xperia x10 VERY bad...but I actually never had a chance to play with it. But I love the way it looks, I like the 8mp camera which is a big deal to me. Also I believe the xperia x10 is getting 720p video recording in the next update this august or september which is also a huge deal. Now, having flash isn't a big deal for me on my nexus, I actually dont even have it installed. The wifi tethering I dont even touch. And I dont have alot of apps installed either...im not an app junkie. So, should I trade or shouldn't I. I do love my Nexus, but no 720p (im not gonna root), only a 5mp camera. Maybe some feedback from xperia x10 users as well.

Thanks guys/gals

Personally, I like the first class treatment with the Nexus One. I admit, there are a couple of other phones out there that I'd like to get (Vibrant, Droid X, Evo 4G, etc), but the pure stock Android experience is what I really enjoy. Not being bothered with goofy UIs or weighted down with crap software you don't use and can't get rid of makes the N1 a keeper in my books.

Upvote 0
hahahaha you're kidding right? you would trade a better phone in any way for a better looking one (for you)... lol I just know you're kidding...

You would trade in android 3.0 for 1.6 maybe 2.1 will come when ginger comes... Less RAM etc etc.

I really don't know what you're thinking.

"I'm not gonna root" .. lol

Upvote 0
As mentioned before, most answers you'll get here will be 'biased' and I personally also think this is a really bad idea.
IMO from 5 to 8 MP isn't really that big of a step up unless you want to blow up your images to unreal proportions.. But if you're gonna do that I'd suggest getting a camera with a decent lens instead of a phonecamera lens. The biggest difference will still be in the quality of the lens, together with the autofocus and firmware. I still think my 4 year old phone with 2MP camera delivered some of the best shots I've seen by a phone, purely because of the lens quality.

And the Xperia is supposed to get 720p recording, but you'll never know for sure untill the update actually rolls out.

Anyway, it's still your decision, you decide what you want from a phone. I just wanted to suggest you post the same question in the Xperia forum and compare the replies.

Most of all, think it through and think about what you want and need from a phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones