1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Horrible AOL

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidcop, Dec 20, 2011.

1. androidcop

androidcop Newbie

My AOL email account on this phone is horrible. It takes for ever to delete an email using the phone. Don't remember having these types of issues on my DINC. Can anyone tell me if there is a setting I have incorrectly checked or need to check? Suggestions welcomed :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast

Don't know if this will help or not, but if you have a gmail account you could try forwarding your aol to it. That way everything is handled thru the gmail account, deletions etc. It lets you maintain the aol for whatever. I do this with my all my accounts, forwarding them all to gmail which I never had to have until I went with an android device. Just a thought.

EDIT: Not sure of any settings you may have missed as the set up is pretty straight forward. Maybe someone who knows more than I will chime in. I don't hear much about aol anymore, maybe they are not up to date with newer innovations. You might know that much better than I. I haven't had an aol account in about ten years.

3. androidcop

androidcop Newbie

That is a good idea. Is there a setting in AOL that I use to forward it to gmail?

4. cbreze

Sorry, I'm not familiar with AOL. You'll justhave to look.

5. androidcop

androidcop Newbie

I got it. We will see how it works. Thanks!!

6. cbreze

There is a way. Found it using Google. Just Google AOL to Gmail forwarding.

7. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member

I thought all AOL was doing nowdays was collecting checks for 56k internet plans they made people enter into contract for back in 1999 charging $40 a month with a "gauranteed rate" that your "gauranteed" not to be able to afford to cancel for the next 20 years?

8. androidcop

androidcop Newbie

???? I just have a free AOL email address that is still be used.

9. kb0nly

kb0nly Member

I believe you can set up an AOL account in K9 Mail.

I have all my ISP, Hotmail, and Yahoo accounts setup in there.

10. Sector7

Sector7 Newbie

Just use AOL.com and login, you can better manage your emails much faster...or try Aol Mail

Casio G'Zone Commando Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews