• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hotmail Calendar Sync

mbrossar

Lurker
Aug 16, 2010
Can anyone explain why Android cannot natively sync multiple calendars from a single Hotmail/Outlook.Com account? iOS can do it. The Outlook app used to do it, but Microsoft has "updated" it. It can sync the calendars within itself (i.e. to see the individual calendars, you have to use the Outlook app), but not to the phone as a whole. While ActiveSync will sync all of the calendars, it aggregates them so they appear as one. What's the point in that?

I've heard it's a particular bit or bits that Android does not sync or track but iOS does. I don't know if it's that simple, but this has been going on for years and no one seems to want to fix it. I know I'm not the only one who suffers from this.

Does anyone know why this seems to be so un-doable?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones