• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How did you get your Evo?

Ordered on BestBuy.com. Had stopped by and called the store a few times but they said the phones were "Drop Shipped" and not in a regular deliver so they never knew when they'd be in. Online, one of the few times they weren't "Sold Out Online" I ordered it. Waited about a week and then it shipped.

After it had shipped but before it arrived, the local Sprint store called (I was on the wait list) and asked if I still wanted one. I declined since mine was on the way and I had Best Buy gift cards to help pay for it.

Upvote 0
wasnt eligible for upgrade til july 1, so i called in june 13,complained , complained, talked about if i stay with sprint, id end up forking out 300 for the evo, if i leave sprint, id pay 100 for eta plus 199 for new iphone4....so basically regardless my decision, im looking at spending 300 both ways...so they finally upped my renewal date a month, with the parting words of"sir, your upgrade date has been pushed up a month, good luck at finding an evo" of course the evo has been out already, so i went on my trek to find an evo...called all nearby sprint stores, all best buys, all walmarts...(visited one, the chick found one in their inventory, but apparently someone hid it for themselves)....finally gave up hope on june 14 and just decided to stop by best buy shits and giggles..so the chick in the mobile department, i know, not too well, but well enough i guess..lol..she knew exactly why i was there...so i work the mouth piece, and found out they had one "reserved" but the "reserved" was on another employee's personal "reserve" list. so the chick ends up selling me the evo..

Upvote 0
Bought 2 EVO's on Wirefly.com for $189 each and got $80 cashback via Bing for each one (net $109 each for the EVO's). NO rebate to deal with. PLUS, got 2 free bluetooths (blue teeth?). Ordered on a Saturday and was shipped that afternoon. Got them on Wednesday (Monday was a holiday). Couldn't have asked for a better deal.

Upvote 0
I bought my first two via EVP (Employee discount).

If I was doing it all over I would have just pre-ordered at Best buy.

I'm putting a 3rd Evo on my account and #3 is coming from Best Buy. We paid the $50 to hold our place in line (ironically #3 in line) and they'll call us when they have a phone to sell us.

No Rebate BS, no hassle.

Thank You Best Buy!

is it safe to say that $50 is a deposit on the phone??

Upvote 0
New customer (Sprint Store), got another phone but it couldn't easily do what I needed (Exchange). Went in to the original store and asked about Evo - told wait list was about 1-2 weeks. Walked out. Went back in about a week later and was told wait was about 1-2 weeks and put name on wait list. Got a call two days later and picked it up the next day. Only looked in one store - never went to, called or even really considered anywhere else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones