• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how do i back up my evo so i can root it ?

dannytech_lt

Jun 14, 2010
so im going to root my phone as soon as this is answered..how do i back my evo up?

im going to root it with 9.6 baked snack , i dont see whats so good with 9.7 unless it includes everything that 9.6 has but how do i back up my evo so i dont lose my apps i downloaded and everything else?

also how do i download the 9.6? do i do it on my phone or do it on the computer than mount the phone as a disk drive and drop and drag?

For backup there are programs that let you back up apps. Still, I tend to find it easier to just install Appbrain and then sync back when I am finished.

My main concern is about you rooting. Make sure you follow the directions closely. The best way I have found that doesn't screw anything up is the toast 2 step method. It looks intimidating but I spent so much time undoing the things that Unrevoked and Simpleroot screwed up it would have been easier to just do that from the beginning.

You will have to install a custom recovery, unlock NAND, flash a custom ROM, etc. and you should definitely read the tutorials carefully to avoid frustration.

Like many other tech things, it can be a project for an afternoon and there is a learning curve but once you finish the process you will have gained some valuable skills and taken control of your device. It's well worth it in my opinion.

Took me a month or so to take the plunge but after one frustrating day yesterday I got it all worked out and I am loving my Evo even more now.

Upvote 0
im still reading and this is making me absolutley nuts ... i have ADD so i need to read stuff a couple of times to understand it but i cant underatand any of this

[ROM] Baked Snack V9.7 7/19/10 Super-Fast/Stable/Power-Saving/More-Flash/Sexy-Look - xda-developers

thats the page im on im debating between 9.6 and 9.7... as for the kernel i have no idea if i need that .. how do i install 9.6 or 9.7? do i download it on the computer or download it on my phone and than follow the instructions?

im so lost sorry, ive searched a little bit but its really not helping me

i dont even know how to make a backup ughhh this shit is frustrating and im the type of person wear i want it done i have to do it but i cant figure it out ... help me here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones