• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I get Chat History From LINE, Wechat, Zalo, Viber That Have Been Installed on PC

I have been installed some IM applications on my PC which were LINE, ZALO, Wechat and Viber.

Actually, I wanna back-up my chat history regularly such as monthly or weekly on my PC (without using a smart phone).

I have tried to do at LINE, however I just can back-up for some lines, it means that I cannot back-up for complete my chat history. Further, it have to do at each user. So if I have 100 friends at my friend list so that I have to back-up 100 times for clicking "save chat history".

Then, after I installed ZALO and VIBER, the PC has created automatically the folder at C:\Users\PC ABC\Documents\Wechat Files\abcde and C:\Users\PC ABC\Documents\ViberDownloads. However, both folder don't have chat history that I wanted.

abcde means name of wechat's user and PC ABC is the name of PC.

Furthermore, For WECHAT, chat history is saved at C:\Users\PC ABC\Documents\Wechat Files\abcde. However, I cannot find any chat history there.

Please help me out to find out the chat history for these IM messengers.

For your information, I run these IM on Windows 7 that running over VMware Player. My host OS is Windows 7.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

For WeChat, follow the instructions in the app:

Back Up/Restore Chat History via Computer

You can now back up your WeChat chat history on your phone to your computer via WeChat for Windows, and restore your phone's chat history from your computer backups.

This feature requires installing WeChat for Windows on your computer. At the current time, the feature is only available on the Windows operating system.

Instructions:
Download and install WeChat for Windows at https://wechat.com/
Open WeChat for Windows
Tap Settings (gear icon) in the lower-left corner and select "Chat Backup"
Tap "Backup on PC"
Connect your phone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network and operate as instructed.

For Line, Viber, etc. don't know, don't use those.

Upvote 0
For WeChat, follow the instructions in the app:

Back Up/Restore Chat History via Computer

You can now back up your WeChat chat history on your phone to your computer via WeChat for Windows, and restore your phone's chat history from your computer backups.

This feature requires installing WeChat for Windows on your computer. At the current time, the feature is only available on the Windows operating system.

Instructions:
Download and install WeChat for Windows at https://wechat.com/
Open WeChat for Windows
Tap Settings (gear icon) in the lower-left corner and select "Chat Backup"
Tap "Backup on PC"
Connect your phone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network and operate as instructed.

For Line, Viber, etc. don't know, don't use those.

Hi @mikedt Thanks a lot for prompt reply :). Yes, I have tried this before I sent this question to the forum, However, I cannot see any chat history there and I realized that my iPhone and laptop have different segment IP and now I can backup my wechat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones