• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I make the phone remember my address?

Rockworthy

Lurker
Oct 9, 2011
Hello Android forum! I just bought my very first Android handset: the mighty Samsung Galaxy S II. I've had it for a few days now and I totally am in love with it. However, here's my problem: My apps keep thinking that I am in my old town still (I lived 400 miles away from where I am now). Sure I can go in and update each app's address/location settings, but where can I tell the phone where I live now so that this doesn't keep happening? It was happening on my iPhone (the phone I upgraded from) too. When I bought the SGS2 I transferred my SIM card from the iPhone. I was thinking my old address was saved on the SIM card somewhere maybe... Can anyone help? Thanks!

Yep, it was on the whole time. It doesn't check the GPS for some reason. You'd think it would but it's using a saved address somewhere. My computer is doing it too. Maybe it's a cookie saved on my desktop? Whenever I try to look at a google map for something like "chinese food" on Google Maps, the results come back from my previous address, 400 miles away. Why would that be? I don't see any area in my Google Account settings to enter in my current address either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones