• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I pswd protect Factory Reset?

Title says it all. All replies greatly appreciated.

Why are you wanting to password protect a Factory Reset. Best Security is a Strong Password to get into the phone. There would be no way to keep someone from doing a Factory reset if they know how to get into recovery which does not require a Password on any phone.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Yeah thats the problem mate but i rely on the average person not knowing that lol.
The reason i dont lock my phone is that the average thief will simply throw it away and my theft apps will be useless. I prefer to let the phone be usable long enough for me to try and track it down and just lock sensetive apps and settings :thumbup:

Upvote 0
I prefer to let the phone be usable long enough for me to try and track it down and just lock sensetive apps and settings :thumbup:

I prefer to let the phone be usable long enough for me to try and track it down and locate the greaseball who took it, and see how long we can arrive at the Yes Sir, No sir state using mostly legal interrogation tactics.

Upvote 0
Why are you wanting to password protect a Factory Reset. Best Security is a Strong Password to get into the phone. There would be no way to keep someone from doing a Factory reset if they know how to get into recovery which does not require a Password on any phone.
I have a pattern set. Not as secure as a strong password, but a lot more convenient and not too easy for a stranger. I also have Cerebus installed as suggested by several posters. I guess/hope that's enough.

JM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones