• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do i select options in android recovery mode without power button?

If your tablet is still in its Recovery Mode there should be an option to restart. Use the indicated buttons to navigate through the various Recovery options so you can select Restart.
What tablet model do you have? Different models use different types of Recovery. Some require you to boot into Fastboot Mode first to get to the Recovery Mode option itself.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
If your tablet is still in its Recovery Mode there should be an option to restart. Use the indicated buttons to navigate through the various Recovery options so you can select Restart.
But isn't the problem that they can't select that option because the power button is broken?

You can always let the battery run down until it shuts down. I can't think of much else: the stock recovery doesn't include an ADB daemon so you can't use USB debugging to restart it.

Upvote 0
But isn't the problem that they can't select that option because the power button is broken?
In most Recoveries (stock and custom), the Power button might be needed to boot into Recovery, with the navigation buttons for the various options typically being Home (or Bixby), Volume Up, and Volume Down. So if this phone is indeed running in its Recovery Mode (this still needs to be confirmed) the OP just needs to use the Restart option so hopefully the device just boots back up normally again.

Upvote 0
Any device I've owned has used power to select options (though custom recoveries usually used the touchscreen). But then I have never owned a device with a Bixby button, so wouldn't know about that (my old Samsung tablet pre-dated Bixby, while they've got rid of it in the Galaxy s21, and my other devices weren't Samsung).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones