• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I set a low battery warning?

On my Desire there is an automatic warning when battery goes below 16%.

The problem is that the indication is misleading, in fact after going down to 12% it switches off by itself and there's no way to turn it on.
If I plug and turn on, battery level is 0%.

Do you have any idea on how to correct this?
I tried to wipe battery stats but didn't help :(

Igor

Upvote 0
On my Desire there is an automatic warning when battery goes below 16%.

The problem is that the indication is misleading, in fact after going down to 12% it switches off by itself and there's no way to turn it on.
If I plug and turn on, battery level is 0%.

Do you have any idea on how to correct this?
I tried to wipe battery stats but didn't help :(

Igor

That is normal operation. It shuts off because these batteries break if discharged to 0%.

No way to change it. If there was, it wouldn't be safe

Upvote 0
My battery has gone dead many times, and while a notification does show up, it never makes a sound. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to enable any kind of audible alert.

Could be the battery is dying prematurely? Bare in mind both the HTC Desire and this thread are now six years old, a long time for a smart-phone. If your Desire still has the original battery, it's probably well on it's way out now and so needs to be replaced. Worth checking the battery hasn't bulged, which can be very dangerous.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones