• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I sync Titanium Backup with Dropbox?

Open Titanium Backup, Backup/Restore, Menu, Preferences, and check Enable Dropbox. Then tap on Dropbox Settings, Remote Location, and set the folder on Dropbox you want to sync to. I set a new folder named TitaniumBackup, to keep it all in one easy-to-find place. Then set the labels to synchronize - I chose Synchronize Everything. Set the number of backups to keep, then okay out. That's all you should need to do.

I did all these steps before syncing, but the backups would fail when I run the dropbox sync

Sent from my Stratosphere using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

These steps should be the same for Dropbox. But it for sure works for Box.

How to Sync to Box.com

Open up Titanium, from the Menu > Preferences > Enable Box

Back out of Settings and go to Schedules - You should now see "Sync to Box" as an option.
"Nothing is included (no label selected)"

Click Edit and set Remote Location and History Coverage

Click Elements to Synchronize > Choose Selected Labels and Click OK

Back out of Box General Settings back to Schedules and Click Backup/Restore (at the top)

Select "Click to edit filters" - at the bottom of the screen Check New Label and then click Edit

Change name to whatever you want - like "My Stuff" then click the Add/Remove Elements button.

Go down the list checking all the important stuff that you wish to upload to Box. You wont need all the apps checked only certain ones, I'm sure you can figure that out.

Also check all the crap in green.

Once you are done - Save the Selection - Save the Custom Name.

Back out of the Settings and go back to Schedule.

At Schedule > Click Edit > Click Elements to Synchronize > Check "My Stuff" or whatever you called it. > Click OK and back out to Schedules

Now under Sync to Box it should show your custom list.

Click Run - then you get the screen to Log into Box - click log in - enter your un/pw - check keep me logged in then the login button

Then finally, after all that fun, it starts syncing to box.

Once you have made it this far, you can go back and schedule that crap the way you want to.

I'm out - Peace​

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones