• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I unlock or (root) my htc aria?

peraknowya

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
Hello all...I just recently purchased my Aria not to long ago and so far I like it...it seems to be a pretty decent phone thus far, I want to unlock my phone so that I can enjoy all the benefit of having a rooted device. I just dont know how...ive done some research on the matter but just keep getting the run around ;-( Does anybody have a any clear and simple answers on how I can go about doing this to my phone? Thanks in advance :)

Just as a heads up rooting and unlocking are two different things

rooting is kinda like giving you an admin acct on a computer

unlocking allows your phone to work on other networks besides AT&T (T-Mobile orange etc)

what your interested in seems to be rooting, so that link grace gave you is good. Also check out the sticky at the top of this forum for some good starting points. hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones