• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do you back up your phone?

don't quote me, I thought I remember seeing in the froyo video about the new market being able to update all your apps at the same time and being able to back them up... I am not sure about full back up... I am shocked as many droid apps out there, that there's not a back up app that backs up all apps/settting/preferences on 1 file... I took this for granted on my crappy BB, assumed it was common amongst all phones?

i guess i'm just following everyone when they say FROYO FIXES EVERYTHING IN LIFE!.... now when is it coming?????

Upvote 0
"New data backup APIs enable apps to participate in data backup and restore, allowing an application's last data to be restored when installed on a new or a reset device. Apps can utilize Android Cloud to Device Messaging to enable mobile alert, send to phone, and two-way push sync functionality. Developers can now declare whether their app should be installed on internal memory or an SD card"

Android Developers Blog: Android 2.2 and developers goodies.

Upvote 0
You shouldn't brick your phone just by rooting it (as long as your careful) however if you don't want to root your phone Verizon's backup assistant will automatically grab new contacts for you and sync automatically. The rest is just a waist of an hour getting your crap back and installed. I'm waiting for Froyo before rooting. Not for any real reason except I just don't see the need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones