• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you turn off your tablet?

Felan

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
Hi,

I am new to this forum, so I thought I would break the ice with an easy
question. How do you turn off your tablet?

I have a SamGalTab2, and when I finish using it I hold down the home button to get the task manager, then close everything that is open, then do the soft power off.

When I just closed it when I first got it I found that the battery would sometimes go flat when I wasn't using it so assumed that some things were still running in the background.

Can I just close it? How do I know what will keep running?

Thanks
Felan

Hi,

I am new to this forum, so I thought I would break the ice with an easy
question. How do you turn off your tablet?

I have a SamGalTab2, and when I finish using it I hold down the home button to get the task manager, then close everything that is open, then do the soft power off.

When I just closed it when I first got it I found that the battery would sometimes go flat when I wasn't using it so assumed that some things were still running in the background.

Can I just close it? How do I know what will keep running?

Thanks
Felan

For me, I just put my tablet to sleep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones