• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much is the TF101 worth?

ericDylan

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I was thinking about selling my TF101 now, so that I can pre-order the Transformer Prime. I want to sell it before the new one is officially released and i was wondering how much you guys think i could get for it on ebay (unless selling it elsewhere may garner more money).

I looked on ebay and they looked like they were going for about 350. I dont know how ebay works. would i get the full 350 from the sale? or does ebay take a cut?

I figured if i sell it now before the next one comes out, i would get more for it.

I have the 16 gb and the original box in good condition. I could probably sell it as refurbished (I wont, just saying it is in that good of condition).

Yes, eBay takes a cut (9% of the total sale for auctions), plus a few small fees just to post it. Plus, you have to ship it to the buyer, and don't forget insurance and using a shipper with tracking.

Fees for selling on eBay

Remember, if you have never sold anything on eBay you will have a zero rating. You won't get as many bids as someone with a good rating would have. I have always used a reserve for my auctions. It cost a small fee, but it's worth it to not sell your possessions for half what you wanted. I've sold a few things on eBay, and I really think it's too much hassle to deal with.

I've sold things via Craiglist too. It's better in that there are no fees at all, but you have to deal with meeting the buyer and exchanging cash for product. Make the meeting place public like a restaurant or mall. I've never had any problems, but yes, there's some risk.

There is one TF101 on my local Craigslist selling for $385. Not sure if he's gotten any bites.

You definitely want to sell it now, before the TF201 comes out.

Reactions: ericDylan
Upvote 0
Thanks! Really helpful! I think I will go for craigslist. Ebay does seem like a hassle and I want to get this over with fast. I think i will use craigslist. I suppose I will list it high (like 379), but there seems to be a lot of transformers for sale in my area, so I may be out of luck :/ we'll see. thanks again

Upvote 0
When *I* shop for a used item I expect it to be roughly half the cost of a new one (at regular price). I hope you can do better than that, but be prepared to lower the price some if you run in to a bunch of cheap folks like me. :)

I am definitely the same way! However, that is about the price the rest of the Transformers are going for in my area. I wouldn't want to deprive the buyer of the joy of paying for my shiny new tablet would I? ;)

I will probably have to lower it slightly, but there will always be negotiating and i would rather start high and negotiate it lower than start low and negotiate it lower! :)

Upvote 0
It sold for 340 on craigslist. got it for 300 from office depot, so pretty good deal

I am surprised how fast i got a response (posted last night--responded this morning--and met tonight)
I am going to miss it. only had it since july, but i am glad to be getting the prime. I really didn't like the plastic back and lack of cool cases (really excited about the new smart cover for the prime).

farewell transformer forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones