• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change Facebook account on TweetDeck for Android?

substring

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I am using TweetDeck for Android on my Fascinate and it has been working great. Now I have decommissioned my Facebook account and starting a new one. But I have a hard time to switch the Facebook account on my TweetDeck for Android application. I can only sign in and sign out, but there is no option for me to re-enter the Facebook account information. Does anyone know how to change that? I hate to have to uninstall and reinstall TweetDeck.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Reinstalling doesn't really require too much effort. Just go to settings > manage applications and with one button you're uninstalled. Quickly redownload from the market and you're all set.

I would find it very surprising that the developers would leave no way to change accounts. I do not use the tweekdeck Facebook app (it sounds like it should be for twitter) so I can't comment directly. If you still are having problem tomorrow, ill download the app and check it out.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I am hoping to keep reinstalling as the last resort. It is because I have about 10 different columns of 10 different lists of tweets that I follow. Adding back all 10 columns and move them to the right order take a little bit of work, and I would like to avoid that if possible.

Being able to access both Twitter and Facebook in one app is important. Besides, TweetDeck's competitor Seesmic has already had such capability. So TweetDeck has to match that.

I agree that it is a big oversight on TweetDeck not to allow changing FB account. Now it is owned by Twitter the company, there is very little chance for them to make the app more convenient to access a competitor's site. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones